The Kerala State Power Policy envisages the restructuring of KSEB Ltd to meet the challenges of a competitive and fast changing national and international scenario. To meet these objectives, the Human Resources in KSEB Ltd must be equipped to align in tune with the emerging needs and changes. Organizations with strong well-defined work culture enjoy greater employee loyalty and satisfaction and are in a position to deliver unbeatable customer service. An ideal work culture is a powerful indicator of the organizational success. In order to create an ideal work culture, HRD Cell helps to inculcate strong work ethics in its employee by developing constructive attitudes towards the work and making good relationship with co-workers. More over, it helps to maintain and enhance a learning environment and to create a climate for KSE Board Ltd to become a learning organization.
ORGANISATION OF HRD / PRESENT SET UP
The HRD Cell of the Kerala State Electricity Board Ltd started in 1992. It has been functioning under the control of Chief Engineer (HRM) and coordinated all activities of the training centers in KSEBL. There are 6 training centers,
1. Power Engineers Training and Research Centre (PETARC), located at Moolamattom in Idukki District.
2. Regional Power Training Institute at Thiruvananthapuram,
3. Regional Power Training Institute at Kottayam,
4. Regional Power Training Institute at Thrissur,
5. Regional Power Training Institute at Kozhikode
6. Southern Region Computer Training Center (SRCTC), at Vydyuthi Bhavanam, Thiruvananthapuram.