In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!
Vigilance - Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Vigilance Wing of KSEB is constituted to effectively combat corruption and misconduct on the part of officers / employees of the Board. It deals with complaints of misconduct, malpractices, irregularities, corruption etc. against Board Officials and also the security aspects of the Board's installations. The enquiries are mainly against
- Under Billing.
- Misuse, Misappropriation and theft of stores & funds and other properties of Board.
- Misuse of departmental vehicles.
- Corrupt practices in respect of purchase, distribution & disposal of scraps
- Transactions with fictitious firms and other irregularities relating to tenders, quotations etc
- False claims of TA, Medical reimbursement etc.
- Illegal gratification in any form.
- Causing wrongful loss to Board's property or revenue or claims or dues.
- Any dishonest or intentionally improper conduct on part of a Board
employee / officer or abuse of his power as a Board employee / officer.
- Any other types of misconduct / irregularity as may come to light from time to time.
- Promotion of employees/officers.
- Pensionary benefits to retired officers.
- Taking up employment abroad.
- Invalid pension.
Other duties assigned to the wing are:
- Initiating and taking follow up action in all disciplinary cases initiated against officers of and above the rank of Executive Engineer/ Accounts Officer.
- Processing of appeals preferred before Chairman and the Board.
- Prohibitory orders for classified area.
- Follow up action in all VACB surprise checks and prosecutions at the instance of Government
- Preparation of Statement of Facts for cases at High Court, Lok Ayukta,
Civil Courts, CDRF where the Chairman or Chief Vigilance Officer figure
- Liaison works with Police Department in the event of strike or agitation.
- Advice on security measures of projects and other important installations of the Board.
Prohibited area notification
Preparation of documents necessary for the declaration of prohibited area of all the vital instillations of KSEB including dams are carried out by the Vigilance Wing of KSEB and the gazette notification obtained from the Government of Kerala as per the official secret act 1923 (Central Act 19 of 1923) will be distributed from this office.
The major vital installations including dams are provided with Armed Security Police Personnel and the major substations are guarded by the Ex-servicemen. CCTV surveillance, barred fencing etc are also provided in the major power stations. The security scenario is properly monitoring by the Chief Vigilance Officer, Superintendent of Police and two DYSPs and the recommendations of the security report of IB are properly implemented.